My Life Story – Chapter 1 – Part 1
I don’t even really know where to begin explaining all of the absolutely crazy and nearly disturbing things I did before the age of 6.
There were things that led up to my mom having me see therapist at 4 years old and also led up to my adoption.
I guess a list of those things makes more sense than scattered stories so here we go:
1) One time, we were driving, going 65 MPH on Interstate 57. My 1 year old brother was in his car seat next to me.
I took off my seat belt, opened the door, and stuck my head and half of my body out of the car, then attempted to jump out of the car while it was moving. The 2 cars behind us were honking in fear. My mom almost had a heart attack as she was pulling off to the side of the road.
The two cars behind us pulled off the road when we did and got out to make sure everything was okay.
2) My Mom was diabetic, so she had insulin bottles she kept cold in the refrigerator. One time I took the bottles and smashed her entire supply all on the kitchen floor.
3) Because of that they started keeping the diabetic stuff in the highest pantry. I climbed up there and grabbed all of her needles and insulin bottles, packed them all into my school lunch box and brought the needles and insulin to school with me. During lunch I took them all out along with my normal lunch.
Even this one makes me say “WTF” I didn’t even know I did this until my mom told me about it yesterday.
4) I got my knee stuck UNDER the grocery cart in the part where you put big bags, and they had to call the fire department to cut the cart apart to get me out. Imagine how embarrassing that was for my mom
5) I climbed into my new born brother’s crib with a steak knife.
I already knew about this one.
I mean look how evil I looked as a kid…. lol I laugh every time I see this picture.
I mean even in this half way nice picture I kind of look evil lol
The First Behavior Hospital I Was Put In
After that ‘bringing a knife in the crib incident’ it went from me just seeing therapist weekly, to the therapist recommending I did “In House Counselling – 24 hour surveillance” at a behavior hospital for troubled children.
I lived there, obviously. It was in downtown Chicago. I was there for almost 2 months. I lived on a floor at least 15+ stories up with a bunch of other behavioral kids. We used to play Gremlins 2 on regular Nintendo on a TV cart they would wheel out.
I can picture the area where we played the game in the middle of the room. With the locked hospital doors to my left 30 feet away and locked windows to my right 10 feet away. Reception desk to my left. We all sat in chairs and took turns playing until a kid lost the game and handed off the controller.
While I was in there I would talk to numerous different psychologist through out the week. They said I used to say “I wanna go live with my father” every single day. But my dad wasn’t capable of taking care of me.
Three of the professional psychologist at the hospital diagnosed my behavior issues and said “The son does not like the mother.”
My mom said to me yesterday on the phone as she explained this stuff to me “I thought you hated me Rob”
I was let out of the hospital, This was all right before the adoption.
They had insurance for me but something happened along the way and it was denied. My mom said they received a hospital bill for me being there and it was almost $300,000. The insurance covered it after whatever went wrong was resolved.
Then I came home and soon after I went to 1st grade. I got kicked off the bus with in 2 weeks and my mom had to bring me to school everyday. I was getting in trouble for attacking other kids and doing stuff like bringing needles and insulin to school and in 1st grade I was kicked out of the school.
By the time I was 5, my dad was living in Old People Homes because no one else in my family could take care of him.
Next Part – My Only 2 Memories Of My Dad